Saturday, October 1, 2011

It is what it says it is

Yes, the title of this blog is an accurate prediction of what I "plan" on posting here. Randomly. Philatelically. I fully blame Trevor Pateman for this, since his philately blog is always a pleasure to read.
Most likely, those random acts of blogging will be around my own collecting interests. So what are those collecting interests these days, I don't hear you ask?
  • Siberia and the Russian Far East during the Civil War. Mostly postal history, and only rarely, since I rarely find anything that tells me something interesting anymore;
  • Soviet Georgia: the handstamped surcharges on the first definitives;
  • Crimea: postmarks (all periods up to 1945) and postal history (especially Civil War);
  • Paraguay 1900-1945, stamps and postal history;
  • Netherlands and colonies: "Guilder" high values, stamps and postal use, as well as proofs;
  • Guyana 1981-1989, the "Flower" definitives and their (many) overprints;
  • Prestamp international mail, mostly to and from Russia, but also through Berg and the Kingdom of Westphalia, 1806-1813.

Yes, it's an odd list! These days I just refuse to pigeonhole myself - it just complicates things.

I hope you, my entirely theoretical reader, will find something of interest here.

No comments:

Post a Comment